Loaded Potato Skins
Loaded Potato Skins:
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 3-5 large potatoes
- 4-5 tbsp oil or vegan butter
- 1 cup dried mushrooms (soaked in water for 30 minutes then drained)
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- remaining baked potato
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp dried dill or Italian seasoning
Creamy Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- 3 tbsp Italian herbed dressing
- Wash and scrub the dirt off of all the potatoes. Stab the potatoes all around with a fork and then massage oil all around the potatoes. Bake the potatoes at 425F for 50 minutes on the rack with a baking sheet underneath, turning them halfway through.
- While the potatoes are baking, make your mushroom bacon in a medium bowl by covering the soaked/drained dried mushrooms in the liquid and dry seasonings. Mix together well and bake on a covered baking sheet at 425F for 8-12 minutes. Let the bacon cool and chop it into little bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked all the way through, chop them in half horizontally and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, hollow out the potatoes a little bit to create a potato boat. Put the remaining baked potato you scoop out in a large bowl.
- In the large bowl with the remaining baked potato add vegan butter and dried dill. Mash together until smooth and silky.
- Fill the potato boats first with Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar, then the mashed potatoes, more cheddar cheese, and bacon. Bake at 425F for 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Finish off the potato skins with chopped green onions and blue cheese crumbles. Serve with a side of creamy dipping sauce.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy potato perfection!