Mushroom Parmesan with Garlic Breadcrumbs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (10 ounces)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped (divided)
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 6 slices Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Slices
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- ½ cup (1/2 ounce) basil leaves, finely chopped, plus more leaves for topping
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425° degrees.
- Remove the stems from the portobellos and scoop out the gills.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan, along with half the garlic, and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper, and toss to combine.
- Add the mushroom caps on top of the tomatoes, stem side up, and drizzle each generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill each mushroom with marinara sauce, and top with a slice of Dairy-Free Mozzarella. Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted, and mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic and panko and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, top each mushroom with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle with additional fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!