Roasted Tomato Soup with Vegan Grilled Cheese
- 6 mini red peppers, halved & seeds removed
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes, washed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 slices of 12 grain bread (or sub gluten-free bread)
- 1 bag of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise(or Soy-Free Vegenaise) sub
- Follow Your Heart High-Omega Ranch
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Add all your fresh vegetables, spices, salt, and oil to a large roasting pan. Roast for 40-50 minutes until juices are released.
- Pour the roasted vegetables & juices into a high-speed blender, add the coconut milk, sugar, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice . Blend until completely smooth with vent open.
- Slather one side of each slice of bread with 1 tbsp of Vegenaise. Add bread Vegenaise side down to a cast iron skillet over medium heat, and sprinkle Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar liberally. Top with another slice of bread, and flip when bottom is nicely browned.
- Pour soup into a bowl and serve with grilled cheese and a drizzle of Follow Your Heart Ranch!