Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Salsa Dip
Whole Roasted Cauliflower:
- whole cauliflower or broccoli
- ½ cup oil
- 1-2 cups hummus of choice
Zesty Cauliflower Rub:
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- ½-1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- ½-2 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lime juice
Creamy Salsa Dip:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- ½ cup salsa verde salsa
- 1-3 tbsp habanero hot sauce
- 3 tbsp mustard
- chopped fresh cilantro
- minced bell peppers
- crushed pistachios
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- Set your oven to 410° F and prepare to bake the cauliflower.
- Chop off the greens of the cauliflower (you can boil the scraps and blend them up for a sauce!) and generously cover the whole cauliflower with oil and a splash of salt. Make sure to get the bottom of the cauliflower as well as the insides as best as you can.
- On a baking sheet or baking pan roast cauliflower for about 10 minutes while you make the Zesty Cauliflower Rub and Creamy Salsa Dip.
- Make the Zesty Cauliflower Rub by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. It should come out to be a reddish-brown color. Taste to see if you need to add any more salt, pepper, or other spices. Set aside.
- Make the Creamy Salsa Dip by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. This should come out to be a soft yellow-white color. Set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and coat the whole cauliflower in the Zesty Cauliflower Rub.
- Place the coated and covered cauliflower back onto your baking pan and let it bake for 30-50 minutes. Every 15-20 minutes apply more of the Zesty Cauliflower Rub periodically to make sure that it soaks deep into the cauliflower.
- You will see a firm reddish-brown skin that will form around the baked cauliflower and once you can fully puncture the cauliflower to the middle core with a knife, it will be soft enough inside for you to serve.
- Cover your serving plate in a layer of hummus.
- Remove the baked cauliflower from the oven, transfer the baked cauliflower to your serving plate with hummus on it. Pour the Creamy Salsa Dip over the baked cauliflower.
- Decorate the baked cauliflower with as many or as little tasty toppings as you like to serve. Crushed pistachios add a nice crunch on top!
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and dig into this colorful cauliflower!