Carrot Harissa Mushroom Lasagna
Harissa Mushroom Grounds:
- 7-9 shiitake or portobello mushrooms
- ¼ white onion, roasted
- ½ turnip, roasted
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 medium carrots, roasted
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4-5 garlic bulbs, roasted
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ white onion, roasted
- 14 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Mozzarella
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, to garnish
- 1 lb box lasagna noodles
- chili crunch oil (optional), to garnish
- Preheat oven to 370° F.
- Brush carrots, onion, turnip, and garlic with oil and roast until browned and softened.
- For the Harissa Mushroom Grounds, clean and cut mushrooms. Add mushrooms, roasted onion, roasted turnip, harissa paste, tomato paste, steak seasoning, avocado/grapeseed oil, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until you have a crumble-like texture.
- Cook mushroom crumbles in a pan for 10-12 minutes on medium heat. Mix and stir as you cook. Place mushroom crumbles to the side.
- For the Carrot Sauce, add roasted carrots, avocado/grapeseed oil, vegetable broth, roasted garlic, cumin, roasted onion, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, salt, and black pepper to a food processor and blend until the sauce is smooth. Mix with mushroom grounds and cook for 2-3 minutes on low.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to the package. Build your lasagna in an 8×8 pan. Begin layering with carrot harissa mushroom sauce on the bottom, followed by lasagna noodles, carrot harissa mushroom sauce, and Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds. Repeat until the pan is full. Top with carrot harissa mushroom sauce and Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds.
- Cook lasagna, covered, at 370° F for 30 minutes or until the Mozzarella Shreds melt. Top broil for 3-5 minutes if you prefer to brown the top layer lightly.
- Garnish with Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles and chili crunch oil. Enjoy!