Vegan Queso Fundido
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro, extra for garnish
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 8oz vegan soyrizo
- (2) 7oz packages of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Pepper Jack Style Slices
- (1) 8oz tub Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- plant milk, lager, or broth, if needed
- tortilla Chips, to serve
- Mix together the diced tomato, cilantro, dried oregano, and salt to taste. Set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, and poblano pepper and sauté until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the soyrizo. Cook to warm, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese and pepper jack to the skillet (no need to clean it out), and leave the heat on medium-low. Let the cheese melt, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of plant milk, lager, or broth to thin if needed.
- Once the cheese has melted, transfer to a warmed serving dish (or leave in the skillet) and top with the chorizo and onion mixture and the tomato salsa.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, and eat immediately!