Recipe Courtesy of: Plant-Based Kindness
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (108g)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour (243g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp all spice (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in molasses, VeganEgg powder with ice cold water and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk, switch to a silicone spatula or wooden spoon for convenience. Form a dough ball.
- Remove the dough from and rap the dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Split dough in half. Place one half back in the fridge until the other half is rolled and the cookies are cut. Roll the dough out to on a lightly floured surface. Use a gingerbread man/woman cookie cutter (or any shape) to cut out cookies.
- Lay cut cookies on the prepared baking sheet, 1 to 2 inches apart. Re-roll the dough as necessary to cut out cookies until dough is gone.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 2 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes) before decorating.