Vegan Big Mac
Recipe Courtesy of: Plant-Based Kindness
- 1/3 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 1 block tempeh (8oz / 227g)
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp relish
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
Big Mac Ingredients
- Burger buns
- Follow Your Heart American Cheese Slices
- Iceberg lettuce
- Finely chopped onions
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Let rest and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cube the tempeh block.
- In a food processor, processor together the cubed tempeh and the hemp hearts until somewhat smooth.
- Add in the cooked rice and the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse or process on low until somewhat combined, make sure not to over-process.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon if your food processor has a hard time mixing everything well.
- Form 6 burger patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes or so.
- Store the leftover burgers patties in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 7 days. Freezer friendly.
Big Mac Sauce
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Store in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 7 days (maybe even more).
Assemble the Big Mac and enjoy!
Recommended order: Bottom bun, a bit of Big Mac sauce, onions, lettuce, burger patty, cheese on top. Then another bun, more Big Mac sauce, onions, lettuce, another burger patty, topped with another cheese slice, then top with pickle slices, more lettuce, and finally top with the top bun. Enjoy!