Black Bean Cheeseburger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds
- ½ onion minced red onion
- 3 tbsp steak seasoning
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup chopped cooked red beets
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free American Slices
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onion
- chopped lettuce
- sliced pickles
- toasted buns
Super Special Sauce:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- ⅓ cup minced pickles
- ¼ cup sugar-free ketchup
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½-1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a food processor combine cooked brown rice, sunflower seeds, minced red onion, steak seasoning, chili powder, smoked paprika, cooked black beans, cooked beets, maple syrup, gluten-free breadcrumbs, and barbecue sauce. Pulse everything together until a thick dough forms. It should be a light pink color and you should have all the pieces well incorporated together. Add more breadcrumbs if necessary.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, portion out equal sized patties of the dough using your hands to form a ball and lightly flatten them. Add the rolled patties to a lined baking sheet and put them in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to grill the bean burgers, place them directly on the grill and let them cook for 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Using the Dairy-Free Cheese Slices, add a slice to the top of the grilled patty, cover it for 30-50 seconds while the cheese melts, and remove the covering. Set the burgers aside until you are ready to garnish them with buns and fresh elements.
- Add the super special sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together well. Garnish the cheeseburgers with super special sauce, sliced pickles, sliced tomato, chopped lettuce, sliced red onions, all on a toasted bun.
- Sing your song, do your dance, speak your truth, and enjoy the vegan cheeseburgers!